Dental Implants for Brilliant Smiles in Lewisville, TX
Dr. Christina Dawson has a wealth of experience renewing smiles with dental implants. Dawson Family Dentistry is your trusted source for dental implants in Lewisville, Highland Village, Flower Mound, TX, and all surrounding locations.
At our practice, we place and restore implants and treat failing implants when possible. We go the extra mile to assist you in renewing your youthful smile. Call today and schedule your visit!
CALL US: (972) 317-1581 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a versatile solution for replacing missing teeth. Dental implants are the only option that restores a missing tooth along with its roots. Implants provide you a permanent replacement that improves bite function and aesthetics.
Process for Receiving a Dental Implant
The process of dental implant placement differs from patient to patient. Depending on your specific condition, and the number and type of implants you need, Dr. Dawson will determine how long the process may take. Most implant treatments will follow similar steps, such as:
- Building a Treatment Plan: If you qualify for implants, Dr. Dawson and our team will use a CBCT scan to plan your treatment precisely. She will then explain everything thoroughly, discuss your options, and assist you in making the right decision.
- Tooth Extraction: If you need a damaged tooth extracted before your implant treatment, we offer gentle removal.
- Implant Pre-Treatments: If you have excellent dental health, you won't need this step. If your jawbone is weak, our team may perform bone grafting surgery to strengthen the area. We will also identify necessary treatments for your gums, so they will successfully support the dental implant.
- Dental Implant Placement: The area is numbed for your comfort and then the implant post is placed into the jaw with precision.
- The Resting Period: After implant post placement, you will rest for several weeks and allow your jaw to heal.
- Placing the Abutment: Once your jaw heals, our team will affix the abutment to the implant post. An abutment connects your new prosthetic tooth to the implant post.
- New Tooth Delivery: During this final stage, Dr. Dawson will place your natural-looking custom crown or bridge and make sure if fits comfortably.
CEREC Crowns for a Naturally Beautiful Smile
Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics (CEREC) uses digital technology to create crowns at our practice. This machine doesn't use molds. It only requires digital imaging to create your crown. A CEREC machine uses 3D scans to produce ceramic crowns that match the shape and size of your original tooth. In most cases, we can create an implant crown within 24 hours.
Single Implant Restorations
Replacing a single missing tooth requires the use of an implant and a crown. At Dawson Family Dentistry, we specialize in crafting beautiful, natural-looking crowns using quality materials and advanced CEREC technology. The new natural-looking crown is permanent, and will keep your teeth from shifting out of alignment.
Fixed Bridges to Repair Gaps
Bridges are used to close gaps created by two or three missing teeth in a row. Our implant-supported bridges do not require the alteration of healthy adjacent teeth for support. Instead, the bridge is anchored to implant posts for support.
Snap-On Implant-Supported Dentures
Our Lewisville practice provides an advanced option to replace all your teeth. Whether you are missing teeth in your upper or lower arches, or both, we can restore bite function and your smile. These fixed dentures require between 6 and 8 implants and a custom prosthetic that snaps onto the posts. A snap-on denture doesn't shift or slip, allowing for optimal chewing and clear speech.
Who Can Get Dental Implants?
If you have good oral health, you may qualify for dental implants. Your eligibility depends on several factors, including your gum health and jawbone density. During your first consultation appointment with Dr. Dawson, we will let you know if you qualify for implants and whether you need any pretreatments.
Are Dental Implant Treatments Expensive?
The cost of implant treatment differs depending on your circumstances. Some of the factors affecting price include:
- The level of treatment complexity
- The number of implants needed
- The need for extractions
- The need for bone grafting
- The type of restoration
Get Your New Beautiful Smile at Dawson Family Dentistry
Our team strives to give you the beautiful and functional smile you deserve. We are excited to help you start fulfilling your smile goals. At Dawson Family Dentistry, we proudly offer dental implants services to Lewisville, Highland Village, Flower Mound, TX, and all the surrounding neighborhoods. Contact our friendly staff today!
CALL US: (972) 317-1581 REQUEST APPOINTMENT